The Loving Nature was born at the beginning of 2016 in a small London apartment, out of the desire for better, safer and 100% natural products for ourselves, our family and friends.
After months of developing our brand, creating and experimenting with multiple versions of products until they were perfect, we opened our online shop in March 2017.
One month later, in April 2017, we had our first stockist – a great company in Wales who loved our products and brand.
Soon we have outgrown our lovely flat where it all started and relocated to the amazing Pembrokeshire in Wales. Here we have set up our workshop and office, giving us more space for the business.
By the end of the year and throughout 2018, we had stockists all across the United Kingdom and beyond; from South West Wales to the East of England and southwest London to the southern suburbs of Paris, France.
We are very proud to work alongside suppliers that tirelessly campaign for healthy, humane and sustainable food, farming and land use. We carefully verify if they are registered and certified by the competent authorities – The Leaping Bunny (Cruelty-Free), The Soil Association (Organic), The Vegan Society (Vegan) and if their products are pure and unrefined.
Today our amazing customers and partners continue to sustain our growth, and we are very grateful for their support and trust!
We manufacture and sell 100% non-toxic skincare products and remedies in plastic-free, eco-friendly packaging and wrapping. All our products are Certified and Fully Compliant with all EU Cosmetics Regulations and are freshly handmade in small batches using the best and purest ingredients.
We are a team of passionate people, and we love what we do. We’re also very meticulous in the selection of suppliers, raw materials and packaging. There is absolute control over every phase of the production cycle, and that’s because we are always hands-on during the entire manufacturing process. Therefore we consistently make high-quality and safe products for our customers.
Our good for the planet
Every step, large or small, benefits the world and can make a difference!
Renewable energy – our workshop and office are powered by green energy that comes from 100% renewable sources (wind, solar or hydro-power). We also use solar energy for production and daily work activities from our own solar panels.
Sustainable packaging – we replaced all our plastic jars with aluminium tins as an Eco-friendly and more sustainable option. We use glass bottles and avoid plastic as much as possible in our packaging.
Minimising packaging & waste:
- We have reduced our postage wrapping/packaging footprint by reducing the size, the actual amount of packaging we use for posting the items and by going 100% plastic-free
- We use corrugated paper as protective padding and cushion from impact, manufactured from recycled paper and fully recyclable
- When needed, we use EcoFlo void fill. It is made from starch in a single-stage process (uses a lot less energy compared with the manufacturing process for the polystyrene version, which is multi-stage). It is 100% compostable, biodegradable and fully soluble when immersed in water
- Plain brown packaging paper is being used for some products (from sustainable forestry sources)
- We send our products in plastic-free paper padded envelopes, 100% biodegradable and recyclable or in recyclable green jiffy bags. These bags have a natural, 100% recycled, paper fibre lining; therefore they are a sustainable and eco-friendly alternative to plastic bubble wrapping
- We print as much as possible on recycled paper that comes from 100% post-consumer waste
Shipping & transport – we try our best to use the most environmentally friendly delivery services. We use Royal Mail to send the small parcels. Their ambition is to switch to electric-powered vehicles and have a target of making 100,000 of their cars fully electric by 2025. For some of the larger parcels, we use DPD (a Carbon Neutral delivery service)
Reducing fossil fuel use – we don’t drive to work and heat the working spaces with electrical heaters. We buy our ingredients and supplies in bulk with less frequency to minimise trips.
Meet the Founders
‘The Loving Nature’
We’d love to hear from you and welcome everyone’s feedback and suggestions. Use our Contact page to tell us what we’re doing right or what we can improve on.
Thank you for supporting our family business!